Sesame Balsamic Green Beans
This dish tastes best when using young green beans. Remove the stem but leave the tail for a more natural, freshly-picked look. Pairs well with steamed rice and an Asian-style beef, chicken or tofu.
- Saute Pan
- Steamer Basket
- 2 lbs fresh green beans washed and stemmed
- 2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 6 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar honey and agave nectar make great substitutes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic sliced thin
- sesame seeds and red pepper flakes to taste
- On the stove, heat a pot of water and steam green beans until slightly undercooked, 8 to 9 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, stir together the remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Once the green beans are bright green and al dente, remove from heat and drain in a colander.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sauce and cook until it starts to bubble and thicken.
- Remove from heat, add green beans and stir to coat.
- Serve hot topped with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.