Roasted Corn & Shishito Summer Salsa
This high-summer salsa is a great way to use your farmers market produce
- 6 ears corn peeled and washed
- 8 oz shishito peppers washed
- 2 fresh pimentos or 1 small red bell pepper washed
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- ½-1 tsp raw cane sugar
- Place corn over a medium flame. Turning every 1-2 minutes, char 50% of kernels. This can also be done in a skillet over medium heat.
- While corn is grilling, place peppers on grill pan, turn peppers every 20-30 seconds, until 50% of skins are blistered. Transfer peppers to a medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Once peppers have cooled enough to handle, cut off stems, slice peppers into chunks and add back to bowl.
- Remove corn from heat, cool enough to handle. Cut kernels from cob, add to peppers. Add a drizzle of olive oil, salt and sugar to taste. (If corn is very sweet, omit sugar.) Stir to combine. Serve warm or cold!