Gluten Free Lemon Loaf with Citrus Glaze
We thank Natalie Way for sharing the recipe for one of her Springtime favorites: Gluten Free Lemon Loaf. This straightforward recipe is soft, flavorful and incredibly moist. It's made with fresh zest and lemon juice making it an incredibly bright treat perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea, or any time of day. Plus, it’s easy to put together and bakes in only about 40minutes from start to finish.
Yield: 12 Slices
- 1 ½ Cups Bob's Red Mill 1-1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Softened Earth Balance Butter
- ½ tsp Lemon Extract
- 3 tsp Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and line your loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix sugar and oil together. Stir in egg. Add vanilla, lemon extract, fresh lemon zest, fresh lemon juice and stir.
- Using a spatula, mix in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until it's not quite fully combined. Add cashew milk and mix until the batter is completely combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for approximately 30-35 min. Check center with a toothpick. Cool lemon bread completely before glazing.
For Lemon Glaze
- Combine the butter and lemon extract in a bowl and mix.
- Add powdered sugar and cashew milk. Mix until it forms a smooth glaze.
- Glaze the cooled bread. Slice and enjoy.